Dental Veneers in Birmingham by Euro Dental Care
Looking for a way to improve your smile? With dental veneers in Birmingham, everyone can have an attractive smile. Whether you’re a Hollywood star, business person, student or stay-at-home parent, a beautiful smile is almost certainly something you associate with health, beauty and success.
Having a beautiful smile makes us feel confident, smoothens social interactions and, of course, makes us more attractive.
And the good news is that although very few of us are born with a million-dollar smile, we can all now afford the smile we desire thanks to advances in cosmetic dentistry.
One of the best ways to enhance your smile is with dental veneers – thin ceramic shells that are custom-made to fit over the teeth to improve their shape, colour and overall appearance. This quick and effective treatment can solve a number of dental issues and leave you with a Hollywood smile the same day you visit the dentist.
Who can benefit?
Veneers are an effective treatment for a variety of unattractive or unhealthy dental conditions. These include:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Poorly shaped or crooked teeth
- Teeth that are misshapen
- Rotated teeth
- Permanently stained teeth
- Teeth with stained or discoloured fillings
What are the benefits?
- Instant, permanent results
- No need for drilling
- Your existing teeth stay intact and undamaged
- You can choose from a wide selection of natural shades of white
- Although extremely thin, veneers are incredibly strong
- Minimally invasive
How does it work?
There are two types of veneers: composite and porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers are water-thin, translucent ceramic shells that are placed over the teeth whereas composite veneers are formed out of a tooth-coloured filling material.
Porcelain veneers consist of several thin ceramic layers and an adhesive layer. To apply, your dentist removes a very small portion of the tooth’s enamel. This is to make room for the porcelain to fit within the tooth and properly restore the tooth’s natural function.
The bond between the veneer and the tooth is critical as it not only achieves the desired aesthetic effect but also ensures its function. This bond is made by placing a resin between the tooth and the veneer, which is hardened using a special curing light.
The porcelain veneers we offer in Birmingham have been successful in addressing miscoloured and misshapen teeth, as well as gaps and minor misalignments. In cases where the teeth don’t respond to whitening and bleaching, porcelain may be the suitable option.
Porcelain veneers vs Composite veneers
Porcelain and composite resin are the most commonly used materials in veneer fabrication. In the hands of a skilled dentist, both are effective and capable of enhancing your teeth’s appearance.
To know which is ideal for you, you need to evaluate your specific needs and the factors you consider most important, whether it is treatment time, durability or cost.
If you’re looking for a more affordable solution, composite veneers may be a better fit in your treatment plan. However, if you’re dealing with major aesthetic issues and you’re looking for the most durable, natural solution, porcelain veneers are for you.
At Euro Dental Care, we provide custom porcelain veneers in Birmingham at competitive prices.
Advantages of porcelain veneers:
- Incredibly strong and long-lasting
- Extremely natural-looking: porcelain veneers mimic the translucent nature of enamel – something that is not possible with composite
- Resistant to stains – unlike other cosmetic bonding materials, porcelain is made of a smooth ceramic material that is impervious to spices, liquids and tobacco
Disadvantages of porcelain veneers
- Because porcelain veneers need to be custom-made at a dental lab, they require at least 2 visits to the dentist
- Porcelain is more expensive than composite because it requires more time and expertise to fit and need to be custom made
- If broken, the porcelain needs to be replaced – they cannot be repaired
If you’d like to find out more about dental veneers and whether they’d be the most effective treatment in your case why not book a complimentary consultation with us?
We’ll sit down with you, answer any questions you may have and let you know which options would work best for you in your specific case.
You’ll then be able to consider what you’d like to do in your own time and get back to us if you need any further help.
To book your free consultation with us, please use our contact form and let us know when you’d like to come in for a chat.